|Tian Hua Fen - Clear Heat: Drain Fire
LU, ST (15-30g)
|Tian Hua Fen - Tiana Flower was a chain smoker
who couldn't stop
Tiana Flower got really thirsty last summer
from smoking tobacco in spite of her dry
cough. She knew she should quit smoking when she got pregnant
and developed toxic heat sores that were exuding
English Name: trichosanthes root, snake gourd root
Pharmacuetical Name: Radix Trichosanthis
Properties: bitter, slightly sweet, cold
Explanation of Key Words in this story...
||generates fluids; clears heat
|smoking tobacco; dry cough
||clears LU heat; moistens LU dryness
||caution during pregnancy
|toxic heat sores... exuding pus
||Relieves toxic heat; expels pus
Tian Hua Fen Actions and Indications
- Clears heat, generates fluids (stomach fire and heat;
heat that injures fluid; xiao ke, irritability, yin deficient thirst)
- Clears LU heat; moistens LU dryness (dry cough, cough
with thick or blood streaked sputum due to Lung dryness)
- Relieves toxic heat; expels pus (heat toxin, carbuncles,
sores, breast abcess: used both internally and topically)
- (cc: caution during pregnancy)
- (cc: diarrhea due to cold from deficient SP and ST)
- (note: incompatible with wu tou / fu zi
- Tian hua fen is commonly used to treat diabetes mellitus.
- 3 common herbs for yin and fluid nourishing herbs are Tian Hua Fen,
Tian Men Dong, and Mai
Men Dong. Tian Hua Fen mostly treats dryness caused by heat. Tian
Men Dong treats KD yin deficient fire with low grade fever, nights sweats.
Mai Men Dong treats HT yin deficiency with fire due to heat in the ying
- Tian Hua Fen is often combined with
Lu Gen. Tian Hua Fen is stronger to promote
body fluids while Lu Gen is milder and also stops vomit to promote urination.
Comments or Suggestions? Spot an error? Submit to email@example.com
The information on this web site is provided as is, without any warranty expressed or implied.
Copyright 2007 - 2018 Square Root Computers Inc