|Tao Ren- Invigorate Blood and Regulate Menses
(LI, HT, LV, LI) - 4.5-9g
||Tao Ren - Colonel Peach (Tao Ren is Peach Kernel)
Colonel Peach, who loved peaches, would pretend to direct traffic
jams and run in bloody circles on stage.
But when she developed intestinal abcess she
had to quit eating peaches.
Eventually Tao Ren developed a drug habit which caused (cc:
headaches, dizziness, palpitations, even death due to respiratory failure).
English Name: persica, peach seed
Pharmaceutical Name: Semen Persicae
Properties: bitter, neutral
Explanation of Key Words in this story...
||resolves blood stasis
| running in bloody circles... intestinal abcess
||invigorates blood; treats abcess
||moisten the intestines and unblocks bowels
Actions and Indications
- Resolves blood stasis (abdominal pain, many kinds
of blood stasis: menstrual disorders, traumatic injury, flank pain)
- Invigorates blood; treats abcess (intestinal abcess;
lung abcess; combine with clear heat herbs)
- Moistens the intestines unblocks bowels (constipation
due to dryness or blood stasis)
- (cc: pregnancy)
- (overdose may cause headaches, dizziness, palitations, even death
due to respiratory failure)
- Intravenous injection of Tao Ren was shown to prevent and dissolve thrombi.
- 1-2gm: stimulates blood generation
- 3-5gm: harmonizes blood
- invigorates the blood
- breaks up blood stasis
- Hong Hua is often combined with Tao
Ren for synergistic effects. Hong Hua is better for blood stagnation
in the channels and collaterals whereas Tao Ren is btter for treatment
of abdominal blood stagnation.
Comments or Suggestions? Spot an error? Submit to email@example.com
The information on this web site is provided as is, without any warranty expressed or implied.
Copyright 2007 - 2018 Square Root Computers Inc