|He Shou Wu - Tonify Blood
LV, KD, HT, LI (9-30g)
He Shou Wou - "He Sure Would" get Malaria!...
Bob found out that "He sure would" get Malaria
if he went to Africa. One night sitting near the fire
he got bitten by a toxic mosquito while eating
some peaches that he had hoped would tonify
his LV and KD blood and essence and lower cholesterol.
After he got back Bob decided that eating too many peaches can cause (cc:
Sp deficiency diarrhea; phlegm damp)
English Name: polygonum, fo-ti root, fleece flower root, multiflower
Pharmacuetical Name: Radix Polygoni Multiflori
Properties: sweet, bitter, astringent, slightly warm
Explanation of Key Words in this Story...
||treats malaria disorder
||eliminates fire toxicity
||moistens the intestines and unblocks the bowels
|tonfiy his LV and KD blood and
||tonifies LV and KD blood and essence
He Shou Wu Actions and Indications
- Tonifies LV and KD blood and essence (premature grey
hair, weak low back and knees, dizziness, blurred vision, soreness of
extremities, insomnia, nocturnal emission, spermatorrhea, vaginal discharge,
- Eliminates fire toxicity (toxic sores: carbuncles,
phlegm nodules, scrofula; external wash for dry, itching, scaly skin
due to blood deficiency)
- Moistens the intestines and unblocks the bowels (constipation
especially due to dryness from blood deficiency)
- Treats malarial disorder (when unprocessed only treats
chronic malarial disorder with qi and blood deficiency)
- (cc: SP deficiency diarrhea; phlegm-damp)
- (note: modern use to help lower cholesterol)
- sheng - for intestinal moistening and fire toxin. Unprocessed He Shou Wu acts to eliminate toxins and tonify the body at the same time.
- zhi - to tonify LV blood and KD essence
- Unprocessed treats Malaria. For Malarial disorders combine 25 to 30g
of He Shou Wu with 3g of Gan Cao. For Malaria
with more fever than chills combine He Shou Wu with Bie
Jia and Zhu Sha (sub Huang
Lian). For Malarial disorders with more qi deficiency add Qing
Hao and Chang Shan.
- Processed treats hair loss (steamed)
Comments or Suggestions? Spot an error? Submit to email@example.com
The information on this web site is provided as is, without any warranty expressed or implied.
Copyright 2007 - 2023 Square Root Computers Inc