|Yi Tang - Tonify Qi
LU, SP, ST (15-20g)
|Yi Tang - The newest flavor of Tang
made with pure cane sugar!
Yi tang is made with cane sugar and kids love to dissolve
it in the strained decoction! When little joey wants to tonify
his SP with Yi Tang he throws a fit and goes into painful
spasms and fakes a dry cough until mommy
But its cloying (therefore you should not use it in
cases of excess damp; internal damp-heat; fullness of middle jiao with vomiting).
Secondly be careful not to have Tang with a (cc: phlegm
heat cough) and remember that drinking only tang instead of real
orange juice can cause (cc: childhood nutritional
English Name: maltose, barley malt sugar
Pharmacuetical Name: Saccharum Granorum
Properties: sweet, warm
Explanation of Key Words in this story...
|tonify his SP... painful spasms
||tonifies SP qi; moderates spasms; alleviate
||moistens lung; stops cough
Actions and Indications
- Tonifies SP qi; moderates spasms; alleviates pain
(shortness of breath, poor appetite; deficiency type abdominal pain
alleviated by warmth and pressure)
- Moistens Lung; Stops Cough (SOB, weak voice, dry
- (cc: cloying, therefore do not use in cases of excess damp; internal
damp-heat; fullness of middle jiao with vomiting)
- (cc: phlegm-heat cough)
- (cc: childhood nutritional impairment)
- (cooking: dissolve in the strained decoction)
- Combine Sha Ren with Yi Tang to treat restless
fetus with unstable pregnancy.
Comments or Suggestions? Or submit stories to