|Xia Cu Cao - Clear Heat: Drain Fire|
LV, GB (9-15g)
|Xia Cu Cao (common self-fruit spike)
Did somebody say spike?! This is the story of the lady's volleyball game
of a lifetime - Xia vs. Cao! These ladies are on fire,
lets brighten our eyes this scorching
summer day, cuz Xia's nodules have never
English Name: prunella, flower (fruit-spike) of common selfheal
Pharmacuetical Name: Spica Prunellae
Properties: bitter, acrid, cold
Explanation of Key Words in this story...
|ladies are on fire... brighten our eyes
||Clears LV fire... brightens the eyes
||clears heat and dissipates nodules
Xia Cu Cao
Actions and Indications
- Clears LV fire and brightens the eyes (Liver fire
or LYR with red swollen painful eyes, photophobia, headache, dizziness;
Liver yin deficiency with eye pain that worsens at night; modern use
for hypertension, hepatitis, hepatomegaly)
- Clears heat and dissipates nodules (lumps or nodules
due to phlegm fire in meridians: scrofula, goiter, swollen glands, fatty
tumours, scrofula, lipoma, breast cysts)
- (note: lowers high blood pressure)
- (cc: SP or ST deficiency)
- Xia Ku Hua and Xia Ku Cao are often used interchangeably, however
Xia Ku Cao is generally considered more potent and more desireable.
- For Liver yin deficiency with eye pain that worsens at night when
combine Xia Ku Cao with yin nourishing herbs.
- Xia Ku Cao lowers blood pressure.
Comments or Suggestions? Spot an error? Submit to email@example.com
The information on this web site is provided as is, without any warranty expressed or implied.
Copyright 2007 - 2018 Square Root Computers Inc