Shan Yao - SHAM WOW!
Oh my! The Sham WOW is great for preventing leakage of KD essence since
it tonifies the KD and stabilizes essence!
So get a Sham WOW and rest your SP, and to
rest your LU right there on the couch for a
In fact the Sham-WOW will save you so much effort you'll need to be careful
not to get fat (cc: excess with fullness due to dampness,
stagnation, accumulation) since you could even develop xiao
English Name: dioscorea, common yam rhizome
Pharmacuetical Name: Rhizoma Dioscoreae
Properties: sweet, neutral
Explanation of Key Words in this story...
|tonifies the KD and stabilizes the essence
||tonifies KD and Stabilizes essence
|rest your SP
||nourishes SP qi and yin
|rest your LU
||strengthens LU qi and yin
Shan Yao Actions and Indications
- Nourishes Spleen Qi and Yin (diarrhea, food stagnation
due to SP deficiency, fatigue, spontaneous sweating, lack of appetite)
- Strengthens Lung Qi and Yin (shallow breathing, shortness
of breath, LU dryness, cough or wheezing due to Lung deficiency)
- Tonifies KD Yin and Stabilizes essence (wasting and
thirsting; sore back and knees, spermatorrhea, frequent urination, tidal
fever, night sweats, vaginal discharge, chronic lin syndrome)
- (cc: excess with fullness due to dampness, stagnation accumulation)
- (note: for xiao ke use up to 250g)
- sheng- to tonify yin
- chao- to tonify SP and stop diarrhea
- According to one study Shan Yao combined with Huang
Qi was found to be excellent to treat diabetes mellitus patients.