|Ku Shen (aka Ku Shen Gen) - Clear Heat Dry
UB, HT, LV, LI, SI (3-15g)
Ku Shen was an itchy little Skin parasite...
Ku Shen, found in the jungle, is an itchy
little skin parasite that travels on the wind.
If you get infected the best cure is to clear heat
English Name: sophora flavescens, light yellow sophora root
Pharmacuetical Name: Radix Sophorae Flavecentis
Properties: bitter, cold
Key Words in this story...
||clears damp heat
||dispels wind; kills parasites; stops itching
|clear heat through urination
||clear heat; promotes urination
Actions and Indications
- Clears Damp Heat (for damp-heat toxicity or bloody
stool dysenteric disorder, tenesmus; damp-heat vaginal discharge; diarrhea
and dysentary; Ku Shen astringes to help prevent loss of body fluids)
- Dispel wind; kills parasites; stop itching (urticaria,
skin itching, STD, vaginal discharge, infestations with itching, damp
toxins, Trichomonas vaginalis protozoan)
- Clears heat; promotes urination (dysuria, PUD; dysuria
during pregnancy combine with Dang Gui)
- (cc: cold deficiency of ST and SP)
- (cc: yin fluid deficiency)
- (Note: incompatible with Li Lu)
- (Note: according to modern research, Ku Shen may be used for cardiac
disease, such as arrhythmia due to myocarditis or tachycardia, often
in combination with zhi gan cao.)
Comments or Suggestions? Spot an error? Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
The information on this web site is provided as is, without any warranty expressed or implied.
Copyright 2007 - 2019 Square Root Computers Inc