|Fu Ling - Promote Urination and Relieve
SP, HT, UB, KD (9-15g)
Fu Ling - The Foolish Fat Indian
This is the story of the foolish fat indian who always
had to pee when it rained. When a spirit
appeared and healed his heart, he burst into tears and began losing
weight because his middle jiao was harmonized and
his SP was strengthened.
The Indian was careful not to urinate too much when cold (cc:
frequent, copious urination due to deficient cold)
English Name: poria, indian bread, tuckahoe
Pharmacuetical Name: Poria
Properties: sweet, bland, neutral
Explanation of Key Words in this story...
|always had to pee... rain
||resolves damp... promotes urination
||calms spirit; quiets heart
|middle jiao was harmonized and his SP was
||strengthens SP and harmonizes MJ
Fu Ling Actions and Indications
- Resolves dampness, promotes urination (various types
of edema, urinary difficulty, PUD, or scanty urine due to cold or heat,
excess or deficiency)
- Strengthens SP, harmonizes middle jiao (SP deficiency
with damp with symptoms of low appetite, diarrhea, epigastric distension;
congested fluids causing palpitations, dizziness; phlegm-damp due to
- Quiets heart, calms spirit (palpitations; insomnia,
- (cc: frequent, copious urination due to deficient cold)
- bai fu ling- diuretic and for tonifying
- chi fu ling- light red - more for damp-heat
- fu ling pi- skin
- fu shen- better for calming spirit: center of fungus (around the root)
- Be sure to slice thin when cooking: even after cooking a block of Fu Ling may be dry in the middle.
- Zhu Ling has a stronger diuretic function
than Fu Ling, and without the tonic properties.
Comments or Suggestions? Spot an error? Submit to email@example.com
The information on this web site is provided as is, without any warranty expressed or implied.
Copyright 2007 - 2021 Square Root Computers Inc