|Di Gu Pi - Clear Deficient Heat
LU, LV, KD (6-15g)
|Di Gu Pi - Dygoopi the Dingo...
When Dygoopi the dingo almost starved in the desert
last summer he developed a LU
heat cough and got hot blooded.
English Name: lycium root bark, barbary wolfberry, root bark, Chinese wolfberry root bark
Pharmacuetical Name: Cortex Lycii
Properties: sweet, bland, cold
Explanation of Key Words in this story...
|starved in the desert
||clears deficient heat
|summer... LU heat cough
||clears heat; stops cough
|hot blooded (summer)
||clears heat; cools blood
Di Gu Pi Actions and Indications
- Clears deficient heat (steaming bone disorder with
sweating, night sweats, chronic low grade fever, irritability, thirst;
drains floating fire in the KD channel, treats toothache from deficiency
- Clears LU heat; stops cough (cough or wheeze, excessive
constrained heat in LU)
- Clears heat; cools blood (hematemesis, epistaxis,
hematuria due to reckless movement of blood)
- (cc: SP and ST cold from deficiency with loose stool)
- (cc: exterior disorders)
- Similar to Sang Bai Pi, but Sang Bai
Pi clears heat from the qi level whereas Di Gu Pi clears heat from the
- Pharmacologically, Di Gu Pi has been shown to act as an antibiotic, antihypertensive, antipyretic, and antidiabetic.
Comments or Suggestions? Spot an error? Submit to email@example.com
The information on this web site is provided as is, without any warranty expressed or implied.
Copyright 2007 - 2017 Square Root Computers Inc