|Dang Shen - Tonify Qi |
SP, LU (9-15g)
Dang Shen - Where did he go?
Where is that dang Dr Shen? Did he go to tonify SP
to augment qi at the restaurant or is he perhaps tonifying
his LU and generating fluids at the bloody
bar? Wherever he is I hope he doesn't party too hard because her
really needs to support the anti-pathogenic qi.
They say Dr Shen is incompatible with his wife Li Lu (cc:
incompatible with Li Lu) because of her (cc:
excess heat or qi stagnation)
English Name: codonopsis, pilose Asia bell root
Pharmacuetical Name: Radix Codonopsis
Properties: sweet, neutral
Explanation of Key Words in this story...
|tonify SP to augment qi
||tonifies SP; augments qi
|tonifying his LU
|supports the anti-pathogenic qi
||supports the anti-pathogenic qi to expel pathogens
|generating fluids at the bloody bar
||tonifies qi; generates fluids and blood
Actions and Indications
- Tonifies the SP; augments qi (fatigue, tired limbs,
appetite loss, diarrhea, vomit, chronic illness with SP qi deficiency;
in combination for qi sinking with organ prolapse)
- Tonifies LU qi (LU qi deficiency causing chronic
cough, shortness of breath, weak voice)
- Tonifies q and generates fluids and blood ( thirst
due to injury of fluids; wasting and thirsting disorder; pale complexion,
dizziness, palpitations due to qi and blood deficiency)
- Supports anti-pathogenic qi to expel pathogens (constipation
with significant qi deficiency or exterior syndromes)
- (note: Dang Shen is often used as a subsititute for ren shen at larger
doses, but not for qi collapse)
- (note: compare with huang qi)
- Pharmacologically Dang Shen is a powerful adaptogenic herb that has
both a stimulating and inhibiting effect on the central nervous system.
It has been shown the help animals adapt to stress.
- A decoction of Dang Shen at varying doses ranging from 50 to 250g was shown to help with gastric ulcers.
Comments or Suggestions? Spot an error? Submit to email@example.com
The information on this web site is provided as is, without any warranty expressed or implied.
Copyright 2007 - 2018 Square Root Computers Inc