|Cao Guo - Aromatics that Transform Damp
SP, ST (1.5-6g)
Cao Guo -The Cow got Malaria from the Goat
The Cow got Malaria from the Goat, who drank
hot chocolate when rain
flooded the land and dissolved stagnations.
To learn the secret of the Cow Goat would require over-studying (cc:
yin or blood deficiency) so don't even try it!
English Name: tsaoko fruit "grass fruit"
Pharmacuetical Name: Fructus Tsaoko
Properties: acrid, warm, aromatic
|Explanation of Key Words in this story...|
| hot chocolate... strong rain... dissolved
||warms middle jiao, strong to dry damp, dissolves
||checks malarial disorders
Cao Guo Actions and Indications
- Strong to dry damp, warms middle jiao, dissolves stagnation
(damp-cold obstructing SP and ST; food stagnation; epigastric or abdominal
distension, fullness, pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; T: greasy)
- Checks malarial disorders (intermittent chills and
fevers associated with malaria, especially due to damp-cold or turbid
- (cc: yin and blood deficiency)
- (cooking: remove the shells and crush the kernel)
- Cao Guo has been shown to have antibiotic, antitussive, expectorant, and antiasthmatic properties.
- Compared to Cao Dou Kou, Cau Guo is
similar but slightly weaker.
Comments or Suggestions? Spot an error? Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
The information on this web site is provided as is, without any warranty expressed or implied.
Copyright 2007 - 2017 Square Root Computers Inc